This Diploma is based on 120 credits selected from a wide range of available topics. It covers advanced application of skills required for good business understanding. The Diploma of Business (Advanced) Level 7 is degree comparable and approved by the NZ Qualifications Authority.
Intakes: January, March, June, August, October
On completion of the level 7 qualification graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of and apply generic business skills in communicating, thinking creatively, designing business models, recommending organisation structures and leading people.
Graduates will be able to:
- Prepare or develop further the abilities of individuals to understand international trade, import and export processes and regulations, customs procedures and regulations. Principal subject matter includes international trade, multinational trade, commercial law, customs practice.
- Analyse and identify the benefits and risks of international trade and an understanding of marketing in the international context, develop and evaluate strategic options for entering international markets.
- Analyse the nature of creativity and innovation within an International Business Organisation.
- Acquire an overview of the principles, theories and practice of entrepreneurship and investigate the significance of entrepreneurial activity to economic well-being.
- Gain insights into the challenges, potential dangers, and opportunities with doing international business in the Asia Pacific region.
Possible Study Opportunities
A graduate of this programme will be able to undertake a postgraduate study at Level 8 or Level 9 in the related field.
Possible Career Opportunities
- International Business Development
- International Marketing & Finance
- Import & Export Business
- B2B & Sales Management
More employment pathways’ information is available from www.careers.govt.nz.
The latest occupation outlook information released by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment. It is a great tool for exploring study and career options, with extensive information on labour supply and demand in over 100 occupations in New Zealand. The app outlines how to enter each role, how many are studying in related fields, how many are employed, and what the average incomes are. It also outlines what are the prospects of getting a job in that occupation once you have completed the qualifications required.
Please use the individual learning intention to determine what you want to be, to match with the qualification of enrolment to determine what you need to learn, further match with the occupation information in New Zealand supports your understand what employment opportunity may available to you after qualification completion.
More detailed information is available from occupationoutlook.mbie.govt.nz.
While studying in the programme, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for a 12 month Post Study Work Visa.
To be admitted to the programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- Have completed at least a Diploma Level 6 in a related of study or equivalent; or
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience at a managerial position.
International students whose English is not their first language must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to:
- An overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5; or
- An overall score of Pearson Test (Academic) 50; or
- Have successfully completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).
*Strands subject to sufficient number of students enrolled.
For all those prospective students, who really want to make a mark in the Corporate world, Regent will provide you the ideal LAUNCH PAD to your dream career. However, there is something that I sincerely believe and practice religiously i.e. “There is no short-cut to success. Only formula is HARDWORK.
Robin Sebastian GeorgeDiploma in Business Level 7
Studying Business at Regent helped me to get a generic understanding and knowledge of how the business is created, developed and established in developed countries. Various projects, presentations and reports executed in class and at home have taught me to think creatively and analytically about the business process and market as a whole. Being an accountant in my hometown over 15 years. I was mostly interested in a Budgeting and Accounting course that enhanced my knowledge in the international financial and management accounting systems.