This Diploma is based on 120 credits selected from a wide range of available topics. It covers advanced application of skills required for good business understanding. The Diploma of Business (Advanced) Level 7 is degree comparable and approved by the NZ Qualifications Authority.
Intakes: January, March, June, August, October
On completion of the level 7 qualification graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of and apply generic business skills in communicating, thinking creatively, designing business models, recommending organisation structures and leading people.
Graduates will be able to:
- Prepare or develop further the abilities of individuals in the study of organisational structure and change. They include topics with a main focus on organisational context of human resource management, organisational change and leadership, organisational politics and culture, change management.
- Have the ability to assess human resource requirements, evaluate human resource management options, identify employment obligations and responsibilities and plan how work will be allocated and evaluated. They will also be able to identify staff development needs, establish staff development policies and evaluate outcomes.
- Have the ability to demonstrate knowledge of theories of organisation, motivation, and leadership in relation to management in organizations, with an added focus of leading and managing customer services.
- Have knowledge and skills that a successful leader must possess; analysing leadership variables, creating the power of vision, assessing ethics, empowering people, implementing leadership principles, understanding people, multiplying effectiveness, developing others, and managing performance in global and multinational organisations.
- Have the ability to improve organisational effectiveness through the application of strategic and general management processes, including establishing a systemic set of goals, plans and actions.
Possible Study Opportunities
A graduate of this programme will be able to undertake a postgraduate study at Level 8 or Level 9 in the related field.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Team Leadership & Supervision
- Project Management
- Corporate Strategy
- Human Resources
- Administration & Accounting
More employment pathways’ information is available from www.careers.govt.nz.
The latest occupation outlook information released by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment. It is a great tool for exploring study and career options, with extensive information on labour supply and demand in over 100 occupations in New Zealand. The app outlines how to enter each role, how many are studying in related fields, how many are employed, and what the average incomes are. It also outlines what are the prospects of getting a job in that occupation once you have completed the qualifications required.
Please use the individual learning intention to determine what you want to be, to match with the qualification of enrolment to determine what you need to learn, further match with the occupation information in New Zealand supports your understand what employment opportunity may available to you after qualification completion.
More detailed information is available from occupationoutlook.mbie.govt.nz.
While studying in the programme, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for a 12 month Post Study Work Visa.
To be admitted to the programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- Have completed at least a Diploma Level 6 in a related of study or equivalent; or
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience at a managerial position.
International students whose English is not their first language must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to:
- An overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5; or
- An overall score of Pearson Test (Academic) 50; or
- Have successfully completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).