The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand with graduates who have updated their knowledge and specialist skills to remain current in a specific area of ICT System Administration, Multimedia, Network & Security, in response to the changing needs and demands of the dynamic ICT environment.
Intakes: January, March, June, August, October
Graduates will be capable of applying current ICT Professional skills, knowledge and practice that will be internationally recognised. They will be able to operate with appropriate professional standards and practice, both independently and as part of a team.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply the software design and the scripting tools that are built into authoring environments for the development of sophisticated multimedia products to meet organisational requirements.
- Apply the technical skills in software design and knowledge for project management in the multimedia and digital media field.
- Apply the technical skills and knowledge in 3D animation through the completion of a portfolio of project work to meet organisational requirements.
- Research and evaluate stakeholder’s needs and expectations; apply the relevant skills and knowledge to recommend an effective solution to match stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
Possible Study Opportunities
A graduate of this programme will be able to undertake a postgraduate study at Level 8 or Level 9 in the related field.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Technology Planning and Development Officer
- Software Development
- Web Designer
- 3D Animation
- User Support
- Help Desk
More employment pathways’ information is available from www.careers.govt.nz.
The latest occupation outlook information released by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment. It is a great tool for exploring study and career options, with extensive information on labour supply and demand in over 100 occupations in New Zealand. The app outlines how to enter each role, how many are studying in related fields, how many are employed, and what the average incomes are. It also outlines what are the prospects of getting a job in that occupation once you have completed the qualifications required.
Please use the individual learning intention to determine what you want to be, to match with the qualification of enrolment to determine what you need to learn, further match with the occupation information in New Zealand supports your understand what employment opportunity may available to you after qualification completion.
More detailed information is available from occupationoutlook.mbie.govt.nz.
While studying in the programme, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for a 12 month Post Study Work Visa.
To be admitted to the programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- Have completed a Diploma (Level 5) in the related field of study; or equivalent;
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience at an information technology position.
International students whose English is not their first language must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to:
- An overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5; or
- An overall score of Pearson Test (Academic) 50; or
- Have successfully completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).
*Strands subject to a sufficient number of students enrolled.
Learned how to work in New Zealand IT industry
I really enjoyed my year of study in Regent International as a Multimedia student. Creating 2D and 3D animations were very interesting, as I’ve never encountered those before. Our professors were very knowledgeable and experienced. Developing various web applications and a mobile app with my group really made my stint at Regent very educational.
While studying, I was able to work part time in an IT company in Auckland Central. I also completed Regent’s internship program with that same company where I earned a lot of experiences in web development and learned how to work in New Zealand IT industry.