CategoriesInformation Technology Department
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand with graduates who have updated their knowledge and specialist skills to remain current in a specific area of ICT System Administration, Multimedia, Network & Security, in response to the changing needs and demands of the dynamic ICT environment.
Intakes: January, March, June, August, October
Graduates will be capable of applying current ICT Professional skills, knowledge and practice that will be internationally recognised. They will be able to operate with appropriate professional standards and practice, both independently and as part of a team.
Graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate a range of industry needs and expectations for effective information systems management; select, modify and implement business intelligence tools and methods to provide a strategic advantage to match with effective operational needs.
- Evaluate networking performance and implement a range of technologies for systems and network services; to recommend remedial actions to meet effective organisational requirements.
- Analyse typical organisational database administration requirements, apply technical and theoretical knowledge for database administration to meet typical organisational data storage and retrieval requirements.
- Research and evaluate stakeholder’s needs and expectations; apply the relevant skills and knowledge to recommend an effective solution to match stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
Possible Study Opportunities
A graduate of this programme will be able to undertake a postgraduate study at Level 8 or Level 9 in the related field.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Technology Planning and Development Officer
- Database and System Administrator
- System Manager
- System Engineer
- System Quality Assurance Administrator
- Network & Support Technician
- User Support
- Help Desk
- Network Engineer & Administrator
- Network Quality Manager
More employment pathways’ information is available from www.careers.govt.nz.
The latest occupation outlook information released by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment. It is a great tool for exploring study and career options, with extensive information on labour supply and demand in over 100 occupations in New Zealand. The app outlines how to enter each role, how many are studying in related fields, how many are employed, and what the average incomes are. It also outlines what are the prospects of getting a job in that occupation once you have completed the qualifications required.
Please use the individual learning intention to determine what you want to be, to match with the qualification of enrolment to determine what you need to learn, further match with the occupation information in New Zealand supports your understand what employment opportunity may available to you after qualification completion.
More detailed information is available from occupationoutlook.mbie.govt.nz.
While studying in the programme, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for a 12 month Post Study Work Visa.
To be admitted to the programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- Have completed a Diploma (Level 5) in the related field of study; or equivalent;
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience at an information technology position.
International students whose English is not their first language must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to:
- An overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5; or
- An overall score of Pearson Test (Academic) 50; or
- Have successfully completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).
*Strands subject to a sufficient number of students enrolled.
Really qualified tutors
My tutors were really qualified, and they gave us better understanding of the material. Giving it was very tough, they made it really easy to understand.
It was the best decision which I have ever made
I remember the day when I suddenly found the advertisement about studying in New Zealand in Regent. That day fully changed me and revealed new opportunities in my life. Now it’s been almost half of a year since I moved to New Zealand for studying. I can say for sure that it was the best decision, which I have ever made! New Zealand is amazing, beautiful and friendly country. I enjoy every day and every moment here. I’ve found a passion and inspiration to be a better IT-specialist in this green island. I met friendly people here, visited many interesting places with breath-taking nature and improved my communication and self-development skills. I believe that it’s just a beginning and the best of New Zealand is coming soon.