This Diploma is based on 120 credits selected from a wide range of available topics. It covers advanced application of skills required for good business understanding. The New Zealand Diploma of Business Level 5 is degree comparable and approved by the NZ Qualifications Authority.
Intakes: January, March, June, August, October
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who have general and specialised business knowledge and skills that can be applied in a range of operational roles.
Graduates will benefit New Zealand business entities by contributing to the achievement of entities’ operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical manner, in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
In addition, graduates will have specialised knowledge and skills for application in operational roles in New Zealand business entities, depending on which strand is achieved.
Graduates will be able to:
- Identify operational issues and challenges and apply techniques for continuous improvement for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Contribute to the business planning for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Lead others to implement activities within the entity’s plans, including change, for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Manage projects within scope, resources, and time.
- Negotiate and positively influence others to achieve the entity’s outcomes.
- Develop a positive workplace culture and team engagement, for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
Possible Study Opportunities
Graduates may progress to New Zealand Diploma in Business – Leadership and Management (Level 6), Business qualifications at degree level, Relevant industry or professional qualifications at Level 6 or above.
Possible Career Opportunities
Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to work or gain employment as a manager/leader in roles at an operational level within New Zealand business entities.
More employment pathways’ information is available from www.careers.govt.nz.
The latest occupation outlook information released by New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment.
It is a great tool for exploring study and career options, with extensive information on labour supply and demand in over 100 occupations in New Zealand.
The app outlines how to enter each role, how many are studying in related fields, how many are employed, and what the average incomes are.
It also outlines what are the prospects of getting a job in that occupation once you have completed the qualifications required.
Please use the individual learning intention to determine what you want to be, to match with the qualification of enrolment to determine what you need to learn, further match with the occupation information in New Zealand supports your understand what employment opportunity may available to you after qualification completion.
More detailed information is available from occupationoutlook.mbie.govt.nz
While studying in the programme, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year.
To be admitted to the programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- Have completed at least a Certificate in Business Level 3 or 4, or
- New Zealand Year 12 Secondary Schooling or international equivalent; or
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience at a managerial position;
International students whose English is not their first language must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to:
- An overall score of IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0; or
- An overall score of Pearson Test (Academic) 42; or
- Have successfully completed New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4).